Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Golden Oldies

One of my favorite toys in childhood was a pull toy dog just like this one. When I was three or four years old, Mom's friend Trudi Youngberg from Denver came to visit, and we were walking around in downtown Provo. Trudi stopped at a toy store and bought me this pull toy. I was totally surprise by an unexpected gift, and I still remember walking down the sidewalk and turning around every few steps to admire the dog trailing behind me.

One of my children's' favorite toys was this computer game by Sega. It hooks up to the tv and has books that snap into the Sega. Each book plays dozens of different games. You can change the game just by turning a page in the book. It's geared for children from 3-8, with matching, reading, and math games, as well as painting and drawing activities. It's easy for kids to figure out, yet complex enough to hold their interest. Jessica, Ashley, and Megan all loved this game that is now at least 15 years old.
Now Hailey has fallen in love with this toy. It's the first thing she wants
when she cames to our home.
And because it keeps Hailey happy for an hour or so, I love it too.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Quite the contrast between "the olden days" and now, isn't it? I used to think it was sad that our kids didn't have the "simple" toys we did, but I see them all growing up to be creative adults anyway, maybe even more creative that we are.