Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Because I Said So!

When we were kids, Mom use to pull leftovers out of the fridge and say "We need to eat this. It's getting old."
Not exactly the most appetizing sales pitch for supper.

Last Friday we had our monthly Stake Relief Society Sisters temple session, followed by our luncheon. I made chicken salad with croissants for 3000 or so. We fed around 25.

Since then we've been eating a lot of leftover chicken salad: chicken salad on croissants, chicken salad quesadillas, green salad with chicken salad.

Each time I feed the leftover chicken salad to my family, I inexplicably find myself saying "We need to eat this. It's getting old." Hmm....

4 comments:

Judy said...

Scary, isn't it. Have you ever said, "Do you need a written invitation?" I have.

chrisjones said...

I don't use that one. I do like "let me see if it's good enough for you".

Bob said...

On the scale of food to have to eat for leftovers, chicken salad is pretty high. It certainly looks better than the penicillin (bread) you have a picture of.

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

Hey you are more then welcome to send some of that salad our way! as long as it doesn't look like that bread... if that is bread.