Monday, April 11, 2011

April Showers

We had some visitors over the weekend.


Jessica put together a baby shower for Ashley and the Pearsons and a few of the Backmans came up to party. 

 Sorry Jorden, I didn't mean to let that handsome and rugged boy of yours borrow Makayla's pink glasses.  I'm hoping next time you're able to come and make sure Krew is not being corrupted.

 Jessica did a ton of work, including putting together several fun games and pulling together some adorable food to eat, like these yummy cookies her amazing mother-in-law made and Jess decorated.

Jessica also made some pinwheels, made of puffed rice and pink marshmallows rolled up with a chocolate layer, homemade oreos with pink frosting, yummy punch and little take-home favors involving Jordan almonds.   

 While Jessica slaved, Megan helpfully took on the role of quality control.


 Meanwhile, Ashley the Honoree sat around with her pregnant feet up.  Oh wait, nope.
That didn't happen.

Megan and Jessica bought some decorations, including a balloon big enough for congratulating a pregnant elephant.
I'm sure if we had let tiny little Ashley hold that balloon she would have floated away.

We set up in the family room.

 I made a fruit salad, some puff pastry chicken bites, sweet and sour meatballs, and bacon-wrapped little smokies. Fortunately all that cooking gave me an excuse to eat a few hundred of Jessica's pinwheels to keep my energy up.

Here's a picture of all the family and friends who attended.

Here we are playing all of the fun games Jessica had prepared.

Here is a picture of Ashley opening lots of adorable little girl presents while the rest of us eat.
Oops, yup, you caught me!  Not a single one of us remembered to take pictures of the actual event. We felt really stupid about that, but showers are a lot of work! We were running on automatic by the time the shower started.  You'll just have to trust me when I say there were lots of wonderful friends and family members from both sides, silly games, and sweet and thoughtful gifts that will keep baby Pearson happy for some time.

Just between you and me, I think Ashley should leave her pillow on her bed, not under her shirt.

As an added bonus, we got to spend lots of time together when the shower was over.  I learned that Krew's very favorite food is ice.  He was eating it by the bowlfuls all weekend.

 Hailey and Makayla were so excited to learn McKay and Ashley were visiting.  It was as fun as they expected.  I really don't want to be the one to tell them that McKay and Ashley went home without them.

 Here are a bunch of kids that think

Uncle McKay is pretty amazing.

 Krew can jump almost as high!


We are always so sad to see everyone go back to that foreign country they live in....
We can't wait for baby Pearson to come in 2 1/2 months!

5 comments:

Judy said...

How is it that the Jones family members get cuter and more handsome with every post? Chris, have you been photoshopping these pictures???

Jorden and Jessica said...

Oh I love this post! You got a lot of good pictures that I didn't! I might be stealing. It was so fun to come up and see everyone. Thanks for everything this weekend! Come visit us 'ol Idaho folk soon!

Shelly and Ken said...

Jessica, wow it looks like the party turned out great. All of the food looks delicious and so cute. I SO wish I could have been there. Ashley, you are just as cute as ever!

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

Cute Post! I had so much fun! The weekend went by way too fast. I really appreciate how much time and effort you all put into my baby shower. It was perfect!

Scott and Lindsay said...

wow what hard work Jess! You look great Ashley!