Monday, March 28, 2011

Hangin' With The Bassetts

I spent the last several days visiting my newest grandbaby, Ava.
Ava likes to sit around looking cute.

I discovered Kailyn is an amazing reader. Here she is, reading The Boxcar Children, a series of books I read as a child. I helpfully told her all of my favorite books when I was younger.  She had already read most of them.  I figure she will have read every book known to modern man (or Grandmas) by the time she's 9.

 Jordan showed me about 3,389,302 of these while I was there.

I think she's related to Aunt Jessica, who was crowned "Queen of Cartwheels" several years in a row in her youth. I hope you've been practicing Jessica, because you have competition!


Chase and Caden were busy doing boy things.  Chase copies everything Caden does and says.  It's very cute, er, handsome.

Jordan and I had several knockdown fights about whether it was my turn or her turn to hold Ava.  This time I let her win.  She's pretty fabulous at making her siblings happy.

Is this another cute Bassett or what??

By the way, I know where robins come from.  Yup, Sioux Falls. I have never seen so many robins in my life.  Every time we were out and about, we passed houses with dozens and dozens of robins looking for worms on the front lawn. I started a count of Sioux Falls robins.  I gave up around a billion.
It was freaky. I started feel like I was in a Hitchcock movie.

Thank you, Bassetts, for letting me come.  It was so much fun to spend time with you. These Bassett kids are so helpful, so sweet, and so cute.  I was amazed by how well they played together, and how well-behaved they were. 

I can't wait to see you all again! Love you all!



4 comments:

Jorden and Jessica said...

I LOVE that last picture! It's perfect! I'm so jealous you got to go out to visit that cute family! BTW Jordan, my chartwheel days ended years ago, I don't even know if I can do them any more....I think you have me beat by a looonngg way!

Judy said...

What a beautiful family.

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

Cute pictures! They are growing up so fast! Can't wait to see you guys again!

Kimberly said...

Isn't it great to be Grandma? Cute pix!