Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring is Sprunging In Montana

Monday I saw 4 or 5 of these digging through the snow on my neighbor's lawn. I didn't have the heart to tell them the worms are still in serious deep freeze.


There were 15 or so of these in the field near our house today.  They winter somewhere else.  Their return is a sure sign of spring.


The crocus and daffodil are making their presence known in my garden.


 Hailey has been busy fixing her roof for the coming spring rains.


Hailey said  "It got ruined by an earthquake. What's an earthquake?" 
I hope Stan doesn't need painter's tape anytime soon.

Hailey and Makayla revived my garbage can with original spring artwork. I was sternly instructed "do not remove the decorations, ever!".  I wonder why I can never find tape when I need it...

Makayla is sporting a new spring 'do.  It looks a lot like her winter 'do, just a bit longer and wilder. 

Hailey got a new pair of spring glasses.  They look pretty much like the old ones, except that Makayla hasn't broken the hinge on them (yet).

Makayla is really into pretend lately.

She got furious at me today when I told her Barbie does not own panties.  I should know.  My daughters and granddaughters have owned 52,308 Barbies between the 10 of them in the last 30 years.  None of them had underwear. That made Makayla pretty angry.
No one can convey outrage quite like Makayla.

I spent this lovely spring day, surrounded by flannel, slaving on a project for baby Pearson. I'm not sure flannel was the right choice for summertime baby Pearson. 
Perhaps you could wait for September to give birth, Ashley.

Stan spent this lovely spring day slaving at the office. Again. It's been a long week for Stan. I don't think he's even going to notice spring this year. See you next winter, Stan!

3 comments:

Jorden and Jessica said...

I love the trash can! You have to, admit it's pretty plain without it! I'm sure Dad is so busy! Hang in there!

Judy said...

I remember Mom getting excited about the robins picking around in the yard about this time of year. Of course, she always linked their appearance to "Spring Cleaning," a memory of which I am not quite as fond.

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

Oh Kayla how I miss those evil looks! I'm thinking september is stretching my due date just a tad. I'm thinking that blanket will be perfect for rexburg in june. Hang in there dad and take a nice long sunday nap!