Sunday, March 6, 2011

So How Has Our Week Gone Since The Big Move?

Pretty good, actually!

If the local temperature would rise by about 100 degrees or so, it would be darn near perfect!

I got this beautiful bouquet of flowers this week from Stan's new boss at Stifel.


 I got this letter from Stan's old boss, telling me Stan was no longer my broker, but they are still fully committed to me and wanting to help me with my account.  Oh good.  I've been worried about that.
 Just between you and me, as far as surprises from the boss go, I liked the flowers more than the letter.

In other good news, Megan's battered knees are healing nicely.  Although she's completely clueless about how she managed to injure herself, she has been in considerable pain since last weekend. It must have been "Bad Luck Saturday" at our house a week ago. This mysterious injury happened the same day my computer took that disastrously suicidal fall down the stairs. Did you notice how those bruises are the exact size of the stair tread on the staircase the computer threw itself down? Weird.
 

In more good news,  my replacement computer screen arrived.
Stan unscrewed a few things,

removed a few things,

 and attached the new screen.

Ta-da! I'm up and running again. 
If Stan's new job doesn't work out, he's always got that computer repair career to fall back on.


In still more good news, Stan appeared in the Billings Gazette today. 
Oh, look! He's opening a new office! And he's Vice President!

I checked out his new office for the first time on Saturday. Stan is in a temporary space in the Transwestern building, waiting for the permanent space in this same building to open up.  Stifel worked hard to open an office so that Stan didn't have to commute to Bozeman.


I found Stan hard at work, calling clients.  His response from his clients has been very positive.  I think almost all of them are going to follow him to Stifel. As of Saturday night, he has contacted 147 out of 500 clients. Don't worry--he's going to call you soon! He's putting in 14 hour days, 6 days a week.  It takes me back to our early years, when Stan started in the business.  I'm keeping a picture of Stan in my wallet for the next 12 months so I can remember what he looks like.


Good news, Jessica, Ashley, and Megan! You'll be relieved to know you made the big move with Dad.
You'll also be relieved to know the walls in his office aren't pink.  They are boring beige, but somehow turn pepto bismol pink when I photograph them.

In yet MORE good news, the roses CR gave to Megan 3 weeks ago still bloom on our table (Creepy, I know. I've never had roses last more than a few days.),

AND Megan was assigned to her first choice, the fall/winter track at BYU-I,

AND we managed to find a prom dress yesterday for under $10,000. (Thanks, Jessica!).
(Don't worry. This isn't the dress. Megan's dress has a turtleneck and is not nearly so fitted.)

In case you missed it, let me tell you the very best news of week:
 THIS IS THE LAST PROM DRESS WE HAVE TO BUY,
EVER EVER!!! WOOT! WOOT!

9 comments:

Judy said...

I'm with you, Chris. A boss who knows enough to send flowers to the new VP's wife is going to be a good boss. I suggest you go to lunch at a nice restaurant every day with your hubby just so you can "spend some time together." After all, he has to eat, and you can generously help him with that.
Megan, you'll look, um, LOVELY in that dress, and no one, not a single other girl, will have one like it. Well, maybe one of the chaperones will, but that doesn't count, does it?

Jorden and Jessica said...

What a nice new boss! I can't believe the former boss sent that letter out, I know it's probably an automated thing but you'd think he'd make sure your letter was taken out! I really hope Megan's dress works out. You don't know how many times I wished yesterday we were twins so I could try on a dress & know just how it would look on Megan. Congrats on buying your very last prom dress!! & Congrats Megs on getting on the track you want!

Jorden and Jessica said...

PS I glad Dad brought us to the new office! I'm also glad the wall is not really pink!

Shelly and Ken said...

Mom, I know you are being sarcastic about the Prom dresses. Thus, knowing how much you LOVE to Prom dress shop I am graciously going to allow you to go shopping with my girls...I have a feeling Jordan will be particularly fun to shop with.

Lisa said...

I love the concerned letter from Uncle Stan's ex-boss. That's good stuff! And I LOVE the prom dress ;-)

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

Ya I'm thinking I like dad's new boss better than his old one. Don't forget mom you still have to do the whole wedding dress thing! So might as well look for a wedding dress along with the prom dress.

chrisjones said...

Oh wow, Shelly, thanks!!!

Don't forget, Ashley, Megan is not getting married for a century or more...

Doris said...

Congratulations to all involved, Stan, Chris, Megan! By the way, Megan, have you decided on a major? (The constant question asked to a 17-18-19 year old, sorry)

chrisjones said...

I'm going to major in Health Science, but I don't know what I'm going to do with that yet. Megan