Saturday, June 12, 2010

I've Got It Covered


Twenty years ago someone gave us this set of used patio furniture. It's made of fiberglass and has to be painted frequently to prevent users from getting fiberglass slivers. Although it's not something I would have chosen myself, something about it being free makes it acceptable.  It's had this same stripped fabric on the cushions all these years, and it's held up really well, but I wanted a bit of a change.

I found some fabric on sale for $3 a yard, and set about using my amazing sewing skills to cover the cushions. Total cost for 6 chairs, 1 love seat and 4 pillows: $18.
That plant in the corner is happy--look how it's grown today!

Here's the underside of my intricate and skillful sewing job. 
Bet you didn't know I am such a gifted seamstress!

I couldn't figure out how to use the above technique on the pillows,
so I used my trusty Bernina.

3 comments:

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

Wow! The patio furniture looks brand new! And hey at least you can pop it off if it ever gets dirty and clean it and put it right back on and no one will ever know!

ElderP said...

I love it!!

Shelly and Ken said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! I was so jealous of your mad sewing skills. Although, I can actually copy this. I love it!!