Friday, January 14, 2011

Double Duty

I recently internet-ordered a new sports jacket for Stan.  A nice, conservative, navy blue jacket to replace his old ratty, conservative, navy blue jacket.  It finally arrived via my postman today.

Imagine my surprise upon opening the package to see the flashy, slightly obnoxious white and blue satiny stripped lining.  Really? JC Penney's, really?  You think that lining goes with this coat?

Stan says he is happy with it.  After all, he pointed out, when he's wearing it you don't see the lining.

And he is delighted that he can create a totally different look just by reversing the jacket.
Hmm. 
Now I'm left with a dilemma.  With Father's Day coming, should I order the grey jacket with the pink flowers lining or the tan jacket with orange polka-dots lining?

6 comments:

Judy said...

1. Chris, you are up too early.
2. I REALLY like the second look--very Elvis-y.
3. Stan is looking like there is less of Stan. Is it just the slimming navy, or is he melting?

Bob said...

I've never noticed that Stan looks like Jay Leno (or that Jay looks like Stan). With the new suit (inside out), he would look good on a Harley. That would make a great Father's Day gift.

chrisjones said...

Less of Stan is a bit of both. And when Stan's bank account resembles Jay's, we will think about that Harley.

Jorden and Jessica said...

Lookin good Dad! (With the jacket right side out!)Some of my friends in high school would say Dad looks like Jay Leno (Seth Nerhing and some others) I can see it. Jorden's suits are that way too. Not sure why?

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

Nice dad! He reminds me of Will Smith on the Fresh prince of Belair. He would wear his jacket inside too.

Scott and Lindsay said...

Scott got told he looked like Will Smith when he went to Korea on his mission! HA! (maybe it was the black suits= men in black???) Anyway, you look great Uncle Stan! P.s. I'd go with the flower lined suit for father's day! :)