Saturday, January 29, 2011

Wherein Chris Takes Bucket Loads Of Intrusive, Random, And Pointless Pictures

Megan moving bread from sack A to sack B

after setting sack A on hot burner.  I think she's trying to leave a permanent reminder for us as she nears the end of her time at home.  Good job, Megan!  We'll be scrubbing this off for years!

Hailey put on Megan's shoes and said "I'm Megan."  Makayla put on Megan's shoes and Hailey's glasses, points to herself and said "Megan Hailey!"  I put the camera strap around my neck, and "Megan" and "Megan Hailey" immediately struck a pose.


 Makayla riding her horse into town.  It's fun to watch these sisters play.  They almost always get along.

Stan politely smiling for yet another picture with the new camera.

In other recent developments, Makayla has decided to take matters into her own hands. 
Whenever she wets her diaper, even a little,


 she rips it off and throws it in the garbage.  She went through, oh, maybe 20 diapers today.

 Then she pulls the footstool over to the toilet, sits on the toilet for awhile, NOTHING HAPPENS, she cleans up using half a roll of toilet paper, and demands a new, dry diaper.  I tried sneaking slightly damp, recently removed diapers out of the trash and reusing them.  Makayla was not amused. 

 I tried explaining  the correct procedure is to sit on the toilet just BEFORE you go wet, not just after.  Makayla gave me an annoyed glare then stated firmly, pointing to herself, "good girl!"


I demanded Makayla let ME decide when it's time to sit on the potty.  Now she's ignoring me.
 If I remember right, I'm pretty sure all my children were potty trained before junior high. 

Makayla will figure it out by then, right? Right??

4 comments:

Denise P said...

I don't know about Makayla, but I am firmly committed to having AJ potty trained by the time he's in junior high!

Doris said...

Time to try those fluffy absorbent training underwear. At least you can wash them and use them again. She might like being out of diapers.

chrisjones said...

When Makayla wears those training underwear, she uses them just like diapers--except now there is a wet spot on her pants and the carpet or couch to clean up, too. Basically, she's got us all under her control....

Gabe, Crystal, Ashlyn, and baby Easton said...

Aunt Chris this is the first time that I have seen your blog. I came across it when I was blog stalking. I have to say your blog is pretty amusing. I needed a good laugh today. And the whole diaper thing is pretty funny. It sounds like someone is getting ready to be potty trained. That'll be a good time, I can't wait to hear ALL about it!