Monday, January 17, 2011

Our Three Day Weekend!

My weekend started on Friday when I got this mysterious package in the mail addressed to "C. Jones".  What could it be???  I bet it's a yacht.  Or a live-in maid.
No, wait!  I think it's a 10 day European vacation!!!

On Saturday I baked cookies.  Oodles of Coconut Oatmeal With Chocolate Chip Cookies and bunches of Snickerdoodles. "What?" you ask, "are you replacing your ice cream obsession with cookies???"  Uh, no.  I was making cookies for the fifteen sack lunches we  provided for the regional Stake Presidents' meeting.  My presidency met at the church Saturday morning to assemble them,
then I ran off to a Hearts and Hands meeting.
Sunday my presidency and I visited Skyview Ward, and I spoke in Sacrament meeting.  It was a long two days, but don't worry, I ate 328 of the leftover cookies to keep me going.

 Today (Monday) I spent the day working on some cleaning/organizing projects
 including sorting, throwing away,

organizing,

and finding Kailyn's lost backpack!!!  Can you believe it Kailyn? It vanished one of the summers the Bassetts were staying with us, and despite some serious looking, neither I nor Shelly could find it. Today I found it in the bottom of a stack of empty laundry baskets.
I guess I'll have to visit you in, oh, March or so, and return it! 

Stan spent today working at the sucking hole of the duplex.  The wiring is, to be polite, wacky. My favorite electrician has been rewiring everything.  For all you electricians out there, the laundry room and storage room had two hot wires instead of one, which meant the lights in those two rooms have never worked and we're probably lucky the duplex hasn't burned down.

My favorite drywaller (who happens to also be my favorite electrician) also filled in a door that use to connect the two sides between the storage room.
  For some reason, our renters have never wanted a door
to connect them to the people who live on the other side. 

In between all of the package receiving, cookie baking, meetings, and duplex fixing, we also enjoyed  spending time with and caring for our favorite local pumpkins.

 As for Megan, I think I saw her for 2 minutes on Friday and 3 today.  P-Dubya left Friday to go finish his senior year in his hometown, and Megan has been noticeably AWOL.


 Rumor has it she did an overnight snowboard trip with her girlfriends and Harvest Church at Big Sky, followed by movies, hanging out, and general get-you-through-this-tough-time sessions with her pals.

 As for that package, have you guessed what was in it?  Yep.  A dishwasher part.  We had a new problem-the control panel died.  Fortunately, it is STILL under warranty.

 My SECOND favorite repairman, Don, fixed it this morning.  See you next month, Don!

3 comments:

Shelly and Ken said...

I can not believe you found that backpack. I looked EVERYwhere for that thing (I even looked again the next time we came to visit). OK, can one person really have so much trouble with dishwashers? I think I am going to ban you from touching ours when you come to visit cause you are obviously jinxed.

Judy said...

Man, I was hoping for a dozen long-stemmed roses in that box. That's the LEAST Kenmore could do for you!

Denise P said...

go go go Aunt Chris!