Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's Marvelous To Be Megan

On Friday, Megan hit upon a money making scheme: strum a little guitar,
look really cute,

and Dad will walk by and throw a little cash in your case.

A two dollar bill, no less!

On Saturday, Megan went out to dinner with new fella C-Roma and came home with these. 

On Monday, this same young man gave Megan a whole, unhealthy box of chocolates

and a note of request.  It's okay, Megan.  I'll help you eat those chocolates so you can fit into your prom dress.  I'm nice like that.
P-Dubya now lives 1300 miles away. He's apparently not coming back for prom.

On Saturday, while I was still hyped up and/or zoned out on dental painkillers, Megan talked me into going to the mall with her to buy her a new Sunday dress.  Her old dresses are getting shorter by the week.  I don't think Megan's getting taller, it's just that she's been the same size now since fifth grade
 and her dresses want a rest.
  
Then, reminding me how much she treasures her modesty, she talked me into buying a second long-enough dress
 and a cute sweater to go with it.

Suddenly I found myself at the 70% off shoe sale at the mall.  I'm not exactly sure how that happened, but I do know Megan is a girl with a plan.
Megan found these cute shoes.

I pointed out they are not unlike the white and pink number you see in this picture.  Megan said "Oh, but these are sparkly!"  There were only 2 or 3 pairs in the entire store not on sale. This is one of them.
 I bought them.
 Remember, I was on drugs.

Then Megan spotted these boots.  Boots don't go on sale in Montana--why would they? 
We need boots 352 days of the year!
 I bought them, too. 
By now I was in pain AND on drugs.
And Megan said she would take me home and let me go to bed.
It must have been embarrassing for Megan to walk through the mall with a sobbing, slobbering woman, prone to dozing off mid-purchase.  She bravely toughed it out for the sake of fashion.
If my foggy memory is correct, we bought Megan's new hat on Saturday, too.
On Saturday night, I gave Megan my debit card, asked her to put gas in my car, and please
DON'T LOSE MY CARD!
She put gas in my car and lost my card.

Megan waited until Sunday to confess she lost the debit card. 
I would have yelled at her, but by Sunday I had progressed to being
 on drugs, in pain, and throwing up. 

Megan prayed to find that card. Megan prayed some more.  And then a little more. 
Then she found the card.
It's magnificently marvelous to be Megan

4 comments:

Judy said...

Posted at 4:13 AM? Chris, you need some more pain meds.
Megan, don't let your older siblings see this post. They might all move back home.

chrisjones said...

I've been spending a lot of time with my friend, Insomnia, but that time stamp is wrong. It was 5:13. Kids, there's no reason to move back home. Megan has broken the bank.

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

I'm want to come home! I feel like all my clothes are starting to be stretched out from my belly. Which I'm hoping is mostly if not all baby so I can hopefully fit back in them again. And don't worry McKay will make sure our little junior miss is looking fasionable with her jorden's. You can always take out a loan mom!

Jorden and Jessica said...

Megan, I might be borrowing those clothes at some point, they are all very cute! Way to take advantage of Mom when she is all doped up on dental drugs! Smart move :) By the way, I always go to the shoes sales but end up buying the full price shoes that are right next to the on sale shoes. I think they do that on purpose