Friday, June 24, 2011

Brimful of Brinlee

We are just sitting around, enjoying the cuteness of Brinlee.
Before Brinlee could leave the hospital yesterday, she had to pass the car seat test. She had to sit in Krew's old infant car seat for at least 1 hour and remember to keep breathing and, well, living. Sometimes small babies have a problem with car seats.

Brinlee passed, but we're all a bit worried that she is going to outgrow her car seat soon.

Here's Brinlee in her cute "going home from the hospital" outfit.

Brinlee practicing her ballet moves.

Ashley and her entourage tried to escape the hospital this way, but got a scolding from the nurse who sent us all back to the room until someone could take Ashley out 

this way. Apparently you become an invalid after giving birth.

When we got back to the Pearson's, I dug Rover out of the trunk for Krew. I think Krew will keep him.

Ashley's cousin, Crystal, was also due to have a baby on June 29.  Easton was born just after midnight today.  He's 8 lbs 13 ozs, a bit bigger than Brinlee.

Here Easton is getting ready to slap Brinlee for sticking her tongue out at him.

There's nothing as sweet as a newborn, is there?
What do you think? Ashley, above at 2 weeks, Brinlee, below at 2 days.

5 comments:

Jorden and Jessica said...

That was so annoying, the nurse treating us like prisoners!! But Oh I love brinlee & miss her already! I can't wait to meet Easton! What a week its been in the jones family!

Denise P said...

cuteness!!

Lisa said...

So fun! I can't believe how tiny she was! Well... actually I can ;-)

Angie said...

Brinlee is so cute! I think she looks a bit like her Grandma Jones. I love the photos of the two babies: big bruiser boy and dainty little girl.

Shelly said...

Cute pictures! She is adorable. I never understood the wheelchair thing. You can walk around the hospital but as soon as it is time to go you have to be wheeled out in a wheelchair. I had to use a wheelchair on all of my kids except my last. With Ava we said we were ready to go and how long would it be until a wheelchair was ready. They looked at us like we were crazy ("We could find a wheelchair if you really want one"). Walking out was so much better.