Monday, June 27, 2011

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

After several fun days spent enjoying Brinlee, the time came to go home.  Yea, it was hard not to ball as loud and long as Brinlee as I drove away.  I had to force myself to think of this Brinlee, the one with McKay's gangsta-style diapering.  That made me giggle a bit.

 I'm guessing Brinlee will grow into those newborn diapers about the time she hits Kindergarten.



Warning! Boring scenery and gardening pictures ahead!

I love the drive between Rexburg and Billings at this time of year.  I remember how Mom always made me put my book down and take a look out the car window at the beautiful scenery when we drove to the Tetons when I was a kid. I hated that. Maybe we appreciate nature's beauty more as we age--I know I do.


This year the rivers are high and the grass is green.

There are still pockets of snow.


I paused a few times to take a close-up look at Heavenly Father's garden.


There were amazing amounts of different kinds of flowers,


some of which I didn't notice until I parked the car and walked out into the fields.


There were several fields of this particular flower in full bloom.



This is a close up of the field above.
After enjoying all these flowers, I could hardly wait to get home and see if my garden had survived my absence. 



Yes! Megan did remember to water!
This is my very favorite flower in all of my garden--a pink peony. I wish it bloomed all summer long.


Red Peony


Spiderwort


Pink Yarrow


Sweet William


The roses have started to bloom in various colors-
peach


pink


white and pink


more pink.


Strawberries--can Homemade Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream be far behind?


The tomatoes grew a foot while I was gone, but


all of my vine vegetables are pitiful.  This may be "the year without squash".


Look what else happened while I was MIA--the new bathroom at the duplex got a window


and the walls got texture and paint.


Well now that I know the world won't come to an end if I leave home,  


I can think of at least a couple of reasons to leave home again!

3 comments:

Jorden and Jessica said...

It was so good to see you! please come again very soon!! I also love the scenery through yellowstone, at least this time of year!

Bob said...

On our recent trip, Judy mentioned the same thing about what your Mom had said. A beautiful drive and beautiful pictures. Thanks. Bob

Denise P said...

I'm jealous of the pink yarrow, we only have yellow. Beautiful Drive