Monday, July 26, 2010

Continuing important traditions.

Why are we so excited?

We found a box of Lucky Charms in the cereal cabinet!

You may have been told Lucky Charms are junk food.  You obviously haven't been reading the box!  Lucky Charms makes you GROW UP STRONG

AND it has whole grain and calcium GUARANTEED!

It's probably full of  all kinds of healthy stuff. 
If I could find my glasses, I'd tell you how exactly what you're getting.

Of course, no self-respecting parent would ever give their children Lucky Charms.  We all know it's Grandma-only food.  In fact, certain parents had their children convinced Lucky Charms is ONLY available in Montana where Grandma resides.  Certainly it's not stocked in Ohio! 
I obliged by sending care packages that had Lucky Charms in them.


Some people have been known to eat them until they crash.

When we lived in Salt Lake City in 1980-81, Oma would give Scott and Shelly Apple Jacks when we visited.  For years they referred to Apple Jacks as "Oma's Cereal".  So you see, I'm just doing my part to continue the important tradition of feeding junk food to the next generation of grandchildren as a token of my love.
To all my grandkids:  You are welcome!

6 comments:

Judy said...

I love Lucky Charms. When my kids were growing up and we had the tradition of letting them pick any sugared cereal they wanted on their birthdays, I would always choose Lucky Charms for MY birthday. Do you leave the marshmallows for last like I do? There's nothing like a spoonful of marshmallows and milk. Yum.
Good job, Grandma.

chrisjones said...

Oh, no, I eat the marshmallows first just in case an airplane crashes into my house while I'm eating and I never get to the bottom of the bowl.

David Kenison said...

Chris, you're a hoot. Those grandkiddies are lucky to have you!

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

save a box for McKay and me! We will be there in 4 days!

Bob said...

I didn't get any Lucky Charms when I visited. If I come again, will you have some?

chrisjones said...

Bob, I'll make sure I've got a box if you come, but just be aware you'll be fighting Hailey for them. Good luck with that!