Sunday, December 12, 2010

Frequent Fixer Miles

I've been feeling a little crabby lately.

Yes, I know it's the season of joy, but just between you and me, 

that's just been making it worse.

I know what you're thinking.  You're thinking I'm irritated by the new 3" of snow we received last night/today.  That's not helping my lack of Christmas cheer, but it's not the problem.


Here's the problem. My dishwasher died.  AGAIN.

Again, I know what you're thinking--didn't we just replace it in July?  Yep. And twenty months before that and eighteen months before that.  Do you see a disturbing trend? 

Not only have we been changing dishwashers as often as most people change light bulbs, the breakdown ALWAYS occurs during the most inconvenient time.

Like when everyone was home around the fourth of July,

or when I'm being forced to handwash loads and loads of Christmas cooking and baking dishes.

 Finally, after several attempts to fix it himself, Stan agreed it was time to call in our
Friendly Repair Man. 
After all, this time we are still under warranty.  Friendly Repair Man showed me, step by step, how to take apart my dishwasher,
 
and how to put it back together again. Friendly Repair Man knows and I know it's only a matter of time till our dishwasher needs fixing again.  And by the way, Friendly Repair Man says we can't wash the neighbor's cat in our dishwasher, use our dishwasher for storing loose screws, or play "How many bones and pits can our dishwasher wash before we have a problem".  Who knew? 

I know many people who collect Frequent Flyer Miles, entitling them to free future flights.


I'm collecting Frequent Fixer Miles, which entitle me to free lessons so that when my dishwasher's warranty ends, I know how to fix it myself.

I'm feeling much better

now that I can retire my dishpan hands and get back to Christmas.

5 comments:

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

actually I'm not even sure we even change out light bulbs that often. Your handy man has a nice beard. Maybe I can get McKay to go one of those during the christmas break.

Judy said...

Wow, that's unbelievable. You definitely earned the right to be crabby. I say scrap the dishwasher and just get new dishes when the old ones get dirty. Less hassle.

Jorden and Jessica said...

Yeah seriously, again?! That's crazy. I wonder what the handy man thought when you took that picture. Maybe he thought you thought his bread was attractive and you wanted a picture of him!

chrisjones said...

The repair guy is the one who suggested I take pictures as he walked me, step by step, through taking apart and putting together. I've got at least 40 pictures. I'm not kidding when I say he is showing me how to fix the dishwasher. You can't really tell from the angle of the picture, but his beard was at least a foot long.

Jorden and Jessica said...

Oh ok I feel better now that he suggested the picture taking. That actually is a good idea since your dishwasher might be breaking in oh 18 months. (I hope not)