Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Someone's Been Lurking In My Kitchen

I've been doing lots of Christmas baking
(it keeps me away from the ice cream)

Yesterday when I was making "Crusty Bread Ring"
I thought I heard someone behind me.
Since I already had my camera in hand, I whipped around and snapped a picture.

Here is the kitchen lurker.

A girl so reluctant to have her picture taken, she'd rather be know as "The Hood".

It wasn't always so.  Just a few short years ago, Megan willingly posed for pictures. 
Even when the poor girl seemed to be missing a foot.
Megan, 1997, age 4.


Megan was known to force her unwilling puppy,
Megan, age 9, and Mikki, 2001.

and willing niece Kailyn to pose with her.
Megan, age 11, and Kailyn, age 1, summer 2004

 Today I was at it again.  I spent the morning making sugar cookies.
During the lunch hour I came across this incriminating evidence.

Look who's been lurking in my kitchen!

For the price of a cookie, I got this shot of my stylish high school senior.

Megan, if I were this cute, I'd pose for pictures all day long!

5 comments:

Jorden and Jessica said...

Megan! How come you got all the cute genes and I didn't?! I forgot how cute you were when you were little...maybe because I was the annoyed senior at that point. And now you are truly beautiful!!! That dog on the other hand. Mom, did I really think Mikki was cute. Just kidding Mikki I know you can hear me from heaven. (Isn't that what I'd always tell you Mom when you talked bad about her?)

chrisjones said...

I've been telling you for years, Jessica, that Mikki was not a cute dog. And she didn't listen to us on earth, so why would she listen to us in heaven?

You got so many cute genes, I'm surprised there were any left for Megan....

Judy said...

Chris, I hope you aren't letting this looker out in public. If Helen of Troy launched a thousand ships with her looks, Megan of Billings is sure to start World War III.

Jorden and Jessica said...

BAHAHAHAH Mom you are too funny! I love that comment, "she didn't listen to us on earth, so why would she listen to us in heaven?" Very, very good point!!

David Kenison said...

Megan gets more beautiful every time I see her (or see a photo) - we definitely need more pictures to keep up with the process!