Wednesday, December 29, 2010

WHY????

Why is Megan going to need orthopedic shoes before she's 25?

Because she insists on wearing 15 inch heels.  To go dancing, no less.
Why do dress manufacturers insist on making dresses that are only long enough for 5 year olds, pygmies, or persons not interested in modesty, sitting down, or bending over?

I don't know! Maybe they're in cahoots with alteration shops.

Why am I extremely grateful for my Bernina and Miss Foote, who taught me to sew in high school?

Because it means I know how to add 5 inches to a dress so my daughter can go out in a style that allows her to be taller than a Pygmy, sit, bend over, be modest.

Ta-da!!

 Why would I let Megan take the 'Burb and go out tonight in a blizzard with 8" new inches of snow expected?
 Because Megan is off to another "Last Time"--the Bi-stake Holiday Dance for the youth.

It's a good thing she's wearing those practical shoes in case she gets my car stuck in a snowbank and has to walk home!
You know, Megan, if I had all that fabric draped cutely around MY hips, I'd look like a circus clown. 
Why does it look so gorgeous on you?

4 comments:

Jorden and Jessica said...

OK I need to know where you got the shoes and the dress! I LOOVVEE them both! Mom not only did you make the dress more modest it is so much cuter! Good work! And Megan you are too cute, as usual!!

Judy said...

Megan is lucky to have a mom than can do this to her clothes. She looks gorgeous AND stylish AND modest. What a combination!

Shelly and Ken said...

So cute! Can you take a knee length to a floor length? I am desperately looking for a long dress and haven't found a single one! Surely I am not the only pregnant person that doesn't want to wear a knee length skirt.

chrisjones said...

Megan bought the dress and shoes at Dillard's on sale. It was a steal--about $40, even after the added fabric. And yeah, you could make a knee length dress into a long dress, but some styles work better than others....