Friday, July 29, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me

This morning when I got up and took this picture of myself, I just knew it was going to be a good day.
A relatively recent picture of Chris



Because today is my birthday, I spent the first 4 hours of my day doing a final clean-up at the duplex. 

Yes, I said final! The duplex remodel is officially over!



Imagine my surprise at finding these two in the duplex backyard building a fence ON MY BIRTHDAY!


We have two fence sections that need replacing: the one between the yards, and the one on the1332 front side yard.
Twenty-three or four years ago, Shelly fell out of this tree and tried to impale herself on this fence below. We have therefore decide to pull out this dangerous fence and put up a new one.

Brinlee decided to pay me a birthday visit.

Brinlee wanted to show me how smoothly she can roll from tummy

to back. She's been doing this for a week. I'm convinced Brinlee is already a world class athlete.





Brinlee was also eager to show me her and Daddy's matching outfits.


Makayla, momentarily distracted by cousin Brinlee, came to wish me a happy birthday,


 whereas, let's be honest, Hailey just came to see Brinlee.


Yeah, Brinlee is going to LOVE having her cousins' constant admiration.


We headed to Pizza Hut for a special birthday dinner.

 I think McKay is expressing his surprise at my advanced age. Don't worry, McKay, you'll get there too one day.

 Hailey is always happy to hang out with Aunt Ashley,


 and Makayla and Megan kept me company.

Stan and the birthday girl.

My fav--Hawaiian.

Makayla only managed to eat 2 pieces and a bread stick. She must be saving room for  birthday cake.

Ta-da!--the birthday cake,


upon which Megan stuck hundreds of candles.

There  were so many candles, it took two lighters and 2 weeks to set it aflame.


 But don't worry, I'm enough of a windbag to blow them all out at once.


I'm this many.


 Cake and the most important part----ice cream.

Yay! I got a camera case for my our camera,


AND an ipad. It's like it's my birthday or something!


The best present I got today was opened by Megan. 


Megan is required to have one of these at college, and she's been ever-so-slightly-vocal about getting it soon enough to "get use to it".

 Every child needs a rebuilt Mac for her mother's birthday, don't you think?  Megan, I'm really going to miss those sweet conversations we have that start "Mom, when am I going to get a computer....."
Stay tuned for "The Duplex, A Work Not In Progress"

5 comments:

Shelly and Ken said...

Happy Birthday Mom! Looks like it was a great day! I am so jealous of your ipad!

Judy said...

It sounds like a wonderful day that involved some of your favorite people. Does this mean that on Megan's birthday, YOU get a present? I think so.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a great day surrounded by family!

Scott and Lindsay said...

Oh I'm late! :) Happy Happy Birthday Aunt Chris Dear...

Bob said...

An awful lot of candle power on both the cake and in the Mac. No wonder Montana has so many firestorms.