Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Practice Run

Since Megan will soon be leaving home, I thought I'd do a dry run and see how it feels.  I took Megan down to Idaho yesterday and left her and
it made me feel weepy!


I felt better seeing how cute Brinlee looks wearing the 1/2 lb she has gained since I've last seen her.

It also was fun to eat at Cafe Rio with Backmans (and Meggers)


and Pearsons.


However, after checking out cupcakes at The Cocoa Bean, I decided we should stick to frozen yogurt at Kiwi Loco or Twizzle Berry.

On the way  down to Idaho, Megan and I spotted an adolescent bear playing around right at the edge of the road. I pretty sure it was a black bear (not a grizzly), even though he was brown. Unfortunately this isn't him. Traffic was heavy, there was no where to pull over, and we didn't see him in time to snap a picture as we passed.

As I drove back home, I looked everywhere for him.


I searched high


and low


to my right,


and left, even stopping at the exact spot we saw him. I called and called him, waving a roadkill skunk to entice him, but he didn't appear. I was so disappointed.

 Stan promises there will be wildlife next week on the Jones family Alaskan cruise. Some of it will even be the kind of wildlife I can take pictures of....

In the meantime, Nanny Jones, remember not to make eye contact, smile, or exchange phone numbers with Idahoan males!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Gorgeous girls, gorgeous scenery. I would like to have seen you swinging that skunk around, Chris (you stinker).

Kiwi Loco is owned and operated by one of my former YW: Kerri Burch. She is amazing. (She and her family were visiting in our ward this past Sunday.) Is she in any of your wards?

P.S. Don't feel bad, Jorden and McKay; you're cute too.

Judy said...

Oops, I forgot Krew. He is especially cute.

chrisjones said...

Kerri Burch: YOU ARE MY HERO!