Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Joneses Go Cruising Finale: Those Crazy, Lazy Days Of Summer

After we got home from Alaska, it took awhile to get back to our old life. I had 2 or 3 days of seriously mixed-up sleep/jet lag insomnia.  This allowed me to do all of our laundry the first night, and check out the neighborhood at 3 am for several early mornings in a row.


It is always shocking to come back to the garden and see how much faster the weeds grow compared to the wanted plants. That's okay, I filled our recycling garbage can with weeds after just a couple of insomniac 4 am weeding sessions...


.....making my sleepless 5 am newspaper-reading/garden-enjoying sessions much more scenic.

Not exactly Butchart Gardens, but it's mine.


I spent a few more early mornings willing my tomatoes to turn red. That endeavor wasn't as successful.

After I was home, I got to spend some time with my favorite Billings grandkids...

who, I think, managed to get even cuter while I was gone.

Hailey wanted to know why I was gone so long and why I forgot to take her with me.

She assured me she wanted to come to Africa, too.


I told her I'd been in Alaska, not Africa, and Hailey replied, "Okay, I will like that, too!"

Yeah, even though you're awfully cute, girls, I don't think a cruise with Grandma is in your immediate future.


Amy's car has been gracing our curbside since before the cruise.  When we got home, Stan tried hard to get it running with some helpful suggestions from the local motorists. Nope. This baby has guzzled her last gallons of gasoline.


After all that hard car repair work, Makayla felt the need for a shower.

So did Hailey.


I wonder where they got the idea?

Do you think Amy will notice they're wet?


2 comments:

Judy said...

I love the Jonesart garden almost as much as Stan running through the sprinklers.

Bob said...

I think I need to get a non-resident deer and antelope hunting permit and come to Billings. Do they allow you to use your car as a weapon? I think I'll just hang out in your neighborhood and by the local school.