Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mysteries of the Universe

Question 1:
What furry, four-legged, Bambi-like creature has been eating my remaining tomatoes,

 novelty lemon cucumbers,

strawberry plants,

(and this one REALLY ticks me off) my five carefully nurtured cantaloupe?

Question 2:
Why is Makayla so attached to her binky?

Question 3:
Is it easier to color if you stick out your tongue?

 Question 4:
Why does everything taste better off of Grandma's plate?

Question 5:
How can one girl be so cute?


And most unanswerable question of all,
Questions 6, 7, and 8:
These are all of the shoes Megan left out this week.
Is she hitting too many $5 shoe sales at Dillard's?
Visiting too many 2 for one sales at Famous Footwear or Payless?

and deepest question of all--
Remembering that her closet is also full of shoes, does she REALLY need all these shoes?
If you can answer ANY of these questions, you know more than I do.
Megan, you're not allowed to answer that last one!

*Addendum:
When I got home from putting grandkids to bed, the shoes were still all over the floor.  After telling Megan to put her shoes away, she asked the best Question of the evening: "I don't think so. Do you think you can mess with me??"  It took me a minute to realize she had put away all of HER shoes and replaced them with all of MY shoes.  You got me, Megan. But now I have a whole bunch of NEW questions: Why do I have so many shoes? Is this a genetic problem? Is it contagious?

4 comments:

Judy said...

1. Dave has been tramping around in your yard (He's big and furry)
2. She's hiding behind it from Uncle D.
3. Absolutely
4. You steal all the good portions
5. She's my niece. Duh.
6-8. Yes, yes, and no. (What size are they?)
Addendum: I wouldn't know. I only have one pair of shoes myself.

Lisa said...

That's funny! Megan is a quick one...just like her mom!

chrisjones said...

Gee Whiz, you really had me going there--I was totally convinced you had all the answer, right up to these eight little words: "I only have one pair of shoes myself." Now I've got two words for you: "No credibility!"

Jorden and Jessica said...

I really do think the shoe problem is hereditary. And Mom, yes we all inherited it from you, not Dad.