Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dress For Success, Part 2

Friday was senior toga day.
The Romans may be surprised to see what a modern day toga looks like.
   Megan's, for example, is made of shiny blue and silver lame and has zebra print trim and must be worn with a tank top and shorts for (limited) modesty sake.  She described, I sewed.

 I must confess, toga day has never been my favorite day.

But I know Megan had fun.

 I'm pretty sure learning once again took a vacation,
 
and there seems to have been plenty of class time used for picture taking.

 while books sat unopened on desks.

The day ends with a parade.  Megan invited me to come, provided I promised to not run down the road taking pictures, get too close, or in a multitude of other ways embarrass her.

So of course, when I spotted the senior float, I ran down the road, waving like a deranged woman, getting as close as I could.

Oh look!  There's Megan pretending she doesn't see me, know me, or hear me yelling "Pookie!  Look over here and smile for the camera!".

Here's a picture of Megan and P Dubya.  You may get the impression from this picture that Megan is a foot shorter than he is.  That's false.  She's only 11 inches shorter.  You may also get the impression she wrote her name and drew a smiley face on his shoulder with a sharpie.  That's true.  Megan and I need to have a talk....
 


 Megan had so much fun this week, which is wonderful cause Monday morning real school starts! Real homework! Real learning!  Real stress!

4 comments:

Jorden and Jessica said...

Togas have really changed over the years! But I do LOVE the zebra print! I see a theme...didn't Megan wear leapard print earlier this week?

chrisjones said...

Oh yes, there's a theme: Megan's a wild animal!

Judy said...

FINALLY a picture of the very handsome Prince Charming P. Dubya.

Anonymous said...

Togas?