Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dressed for Success

There have been some eyebrow-raising things happening in Billings this week.

Megan put this ensemble on for school on Monday.

The back of her shirt said:  "2011 The Mayans saved the best class for last". Huh?  I pointed out the Mayan calendar ends in 2012.  Her eyes rolled.  Apparently I should know that means 2011 will be the last year seniors graduate in America.  Okay, now I get it.  That's downright profound!

That's okay.  I'll get the last laugh.  She won't make it more than 3 minutes at school before being sent home for "inappropriate dress".

What?!?! Everyone at school is dressed like this?

That could only mean one thing:

It's homecoming week!

That means Tuesday was probably "Dress Like a Famous American" day.

Oops.  Nope.  It was "White Trash Day".
Oh, good! That's so much more uplifting!

Here's Megan in her leopard print shirt, Barbie purse,

  and pink heels.  Just so you know, everything you need for "white trashiness" can be found for a few pennies at Goodwill.  And I'm totally borrowing that shirt for Sunday.

By the way, Megan, you're way too cute to look white trashy.

Oh, look!  This poor young man forgot to dress up.

That would make Wednesday "Dress Like An Admirable World Figure", right?

Hmm. Nope.  It's "Gangsta Day".
Yeah!  Who wants to emulate decent folk when you can dress like a gangsta?
Thank you, Skyview, for making my daughter's year so ennobling!

 Megan borrowed P. Dubya's size 11 gangsta shoes.

Cute grill, Megan.  We could have just left your braces on.

I'm sure there's a whole lot of learning going on at school this week

ya, probably not.

Today was military day.

Oh, the patriotism!

Now if I think about how tomorrow is my last child's last toga day, I may feel all weepy again.  Let's not go there till we have to.

2 comments:

Jorden and Jessica said...

oh I loved spirit week! You're right we learned nothing that week! BTW I actually do like the leapard print. Was that found at goodwill?!

chrisjones said...

Yup, that is a 99 cent shirt, straight from Goodwill.