Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Back To Work!

Megan returned home from Washington, DC Sunday evening.  She even brought us proof: five empty DC Cupcake wrappers, and one slightly mashed pumpkin cupcake (which was delish). One of these days Megan will download pictures for me and give a full accounting of her time away from home, even the parts that involved those Idaho boys.

 Here is Megan, hard at work. What is she getting caught up on? English? Anatomy? Government?

Nope. Megan is working hard to get out her graduation announcements. 
She's hoping to get all the out-of-towners done in the next couple of days. 
I'm hoping she gets the in-towners done before her open house and graduation day.

I contributed by providing these graduation stamps.
Nothing says  "freedom!!" and "independence!!!" quite like the liberty bell.

Megan's class motto has to be the worst in history:
"Hakuna Matata (Swahili for 'There are no worries')". 
 Yeah, that's the message I want my young adult to take into the world....

I shed a tear or two as I watched my last child address the last high school graduation announcements EVER!

 Of course, it's the cost of moving her on to the next stage of life that's making me weep.
And please don't point out what good practice this is for wedding announcements.  Megan's not getting married until 2017 and she will have forgotten all by then.

4 comments:

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

yum! Those cupcakes look way too good! You can just stick one or two in the mail when you send out your announcement to me. All that writing will be good practice for those...... Thank you cards for eveyone that came to your grad party. ; )
P.S. Megster we are way excited for when you come stay with us in July!

Jorden and Jessica said...

Can't wait to get my invite! Megan when you and Mom come down in July you will have to try our version of DC Cupcakes (Cocoa Bean)soooooo good! Then you can tell me which is better.

chrisjones said...

Okay, Jessica, if you insist. But I should probably get some ice cream to wash them down with.

Lisa said...

Coco bean is yummy!!! That's all I have to say about that ;-)