Friday, May 13, 2011

Ms. Jones Came Home From Washington

Megan has been home from Washington, DC for almost a week now, and she just downloaded her camera today.  Her life is careening out of control as her senior year draws to a close.  There's hardly time to think. 

I got a kick out of the pictures Megan took at the Smithsonian. 

Obviously a reminder of the kind of boys not to kiss.

A picture of Stan and a warning for Megan.

I didn't know this. Apparently I've been riding with Hitler a lot.

Megan took this pictures of antique televisions because we have
all of these in use in our house.
Megan refers to our family room tv as "the ghetto tv". Now I can point out it's really a piece of art.

These are beams from the trade center.

It seems the Smithsonian didn't get the memo that no one wants UBL any more.

Megan's group did a lot of subway riding.

and solemn sight-seeing.

This is the ceiling of the Capitol building.

It has some serious paint-by-number pictures overhead.

Of course, this is the real reason Megan went to Washington.

The word is that it smelled pretty good in here.

I want to know why only one of these babies made it home to me!


I'm surprised to see several pictures obviously taken at night,

as I know Megan was sensibly in bed sleeping by 9 each night.

and yet here is a group of Skyview students sitting on the steps of a Washington monument at midnight. That almost looks like Megan hiding dead center behind that guy in the stripped shirt.

More subway riding.

The last day was spent at Six Flags being turned backwards, sidewards, and upside down.

As for the competition, Megan and her group took 12th place nationwide--pretty impressive when you consider that each state had several high schools represented there!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Go, Megan! Wahoo! This looks like a great way to end your high school years!

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

Go megster! I loved being in BPA, mostly for the national trip.:) I am way impressed you got 12th nation wide! but not suprised! What was it in?

chrisjones said...

My event was administrative support. Megan

La Candáche said...

What?! Megan was just 5 miles from me and didn't call me up to say hi?! What about her high school friends could be cooler than her old spinster cousin?! ;)