Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ms. Jones Goes To Washington

Remember how Megan took first place in her Montana state BPA event a few months ago?

Today she left for The Big W to compete nationally.  Yep. She's going to Washington DC.

Megan was nice enough to save up her laundry until last night so that I could stay up running the washing machine while she packed.
Megan always looks for special ways to spend quality time with me!

This morning Megan's suitcase weighed a dainty 44.8 lbs.
 Perfect! She's got room to bring me a lovely 5.2 lb souvenir!

 Although these school trips are a bargain price wise, Megan has to provide her own breakfast.  She was diligent in packing plenty of healthy food to start the day with.

Does Megan look like a world traveler or what?!? This is Megan's second trip to The Big W- she went  as an 8th grader with an educational travel group.  Megan has already seen much of Washington, but this time she will also be visiting that icon of Americana--DC Cupcake.
Do you think a 5.2 lb box of souvenir cupcakes will fit in your suitcase, Meg?

Between staying up late to pack and getting up for seminary, I'm willing to bet Megan spends her time on the airplane snoring.
Please ignore the mess Megan left behind. I know I will!

Given current world concerns, Megan promised not to leave her backpack somewhere it will draw attention and end up making the nightly news as it is being detonated by the SEAL team.


 As we said our goodbyes, we each contemplated how much we would miss each other.
Yeesh! I'm glad I trimmed my nose hair this morning!

Then Megan pasted on a brave smile

and departed for her latest adventure.

Good grief, what are Stan and I going to DO with Megan gone all week???

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Love your blog! Have fun, Megan!

Judy said...

I don't know what you are planning, but I sure hope you write a blog post about it when the week is over.

Bob said...

I think while she's gone you need to go "Billings Gothic" all the way: black fingernail polish, black lipstick, and black clothes, including black hoodie. She might think twice before ever leaving home again.

Lisa said...

you're so funny! Loved the laundry comment! She's headed to Candace's neck of the woods, and I'm with Megan, I'd be hitting up DC cupcakes first thing!!

Jorden and Jessica said...

Have fun Megan! Can't wait to see pictures when you come back! Dad & Mom, please control yourselves!