Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Grandma!

We celebrated Grandma Jones' 85th birthday Saturday evening. 
Grandma's actual birthday is May 5th.

Cliff and Diane are always so nice to host the gathering at their house.
Diane holding Kenzie, Nick and Lisa's baby.

 It's been a busy Jones party day. Crystal, who is due the same day as Ashley, had a baby shower this morning. She's having a boy.
Thank goodness Stan took this cute picture of Crystal so that I didn't have to use

this one

or this one.

My favorite dentist and his wife were there.
Katie and Laighton

Kent bought all the food for hot dogs and hamburgers so all we had to do was show up and eat.
 Lisa and Kent


An early picture of Grandma Jones--isn't she beautiful?
Doris Logan Jones, date unknown

 Here's a Christmas card from 1955 when Stan was a baby. Grandma made the family card each year--without the benefit of computers and photo shop. Grandma and Grandpa took in foster children over the years. Betty Ann, the little girl on the left, and Danny, the little boy second from the right, are siblings who lived with the family for 3 or 4 years. The girl on the far right is also a foster child.
 Christmas, 1955

Here's a baby announcement for Konni. 
Do you suppose Grandma was excited to proclaim the arrival of a girl after all those boys?
 1959

Grandma is 39 in this picture.
 1965

A family portrait from 1972. Kent was 18, Mark 22, Stan 17, Cliff 15, Konni 13
1972

Happy Birthday, Grandma! We love you!

3 comments:

Scott and Lindsay said...

Oh I love Grandma, talked to her today infact! I love all those pictures you have! And cards, I have never seen any of those! It's good to see all the family, at least in pictures! I'm coming home for the fourth! YAY! :)

Lisa said...

It was so fun to visit with you the other night! I definitely will be "borrowing" some of those old pictures! I LOVE the announcment; so cute and so grandma!

Jorden and Jessica said...

I've never seen those cards before! Grandma is so talented...wish I could have been there to celebrate. & I have still never seen Uncle Cliff's house!