Friday, September 10, 2010

Take My Picture!

Whenever Hailey and Makayla come to our house, Hailey wants her picture taken.  She'll strike a pose and say "Aren't we cute?!? Take a picture!"

Hailey doesn't care how silly she looks.

In fact, the sillier the better.


Makayla is becoming equally cooperative.

When Hailey wanted me to take a picture of her Picasso-ish porch masterpiece,



Makayla wanted me to take a picture of her "ah-oh" wall art.

Something happens as we get older.

When I pull out the camera to take a picture of Megan, she is not only non-cooperative,


she's been known to throw things at the camera, like this pillow.

I have almost no pictures of myself as a teenager.  The few pictures I do have were taken by my mom standing a mile or two away without a zoom lens.  This could be a picture of me in high school.   It could also be Queen Victoria, the neighbor, or Payson's dog catcher. I can't quite make out who that tiny person in the picture is standing next to the giant tree. Maybe my mom was taking a picture of the gorgeous fall leaves, and I just happened to wander into the picture frame.

Some day, Megan, when you're old and wrinkly like your mom, you're going to wish you had more pictures of the young you.  Your posterity is going to wonder if you were ever young, and you're going to need proof.

And if I were this cute, I'd let someone take my picture everyday!

No comments: