Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Walkin' in Sunshine

We broke the record in Billings today: we hit 93 degrees. Makayla, Hailey, and I celebrated the warm weather by taking a walk along the rims.

You can see most of the city from up here.

The rims are where Hailey's favorite collectible is manufactured.  Yep. She loves rocks.

We could see the trees starting to turn colors in the valley below us.

Oh look! Our diet and stretching program has been working! 

The city just put in several miles of walking trail which we ignored.  Why walk on a nice, paved trails when you can stumble through thistles and rocky ground in your sandals?

We found "Mommy's favorite flowers", which Hailey was going to pick and bring home until she saw the bee on them.  Then she hysterically graciously insisted I pick them.

The rims are the cradle of grasshopper civilization.  We counted seventeen trillion hoppers in the 30 minutes we were up there.

We couldn't get enough of the beautiful scenery.

Makayla was excited by all of these

flying overhead.  Our enormous international airport is just right across the road.

This, Hailey tells me, is a rock with bear prints all over it.  According to Hailey, he walked all over it, then rolled it over so you could see it better.

We could get use to all this sunshine!

3 comments:

Bob said...

Chris, I love your posts with your granddaughters. They always brighten my day. You're a great grandma (but hopefully not yet a great grandmother). Bob

David Kenison said...

I liked the comments about rocks. When Matt was little, every hike we would take him on, he would return with pockets full of rocks. Just plain old ordinary rocks to you and me, but he thought each one was special and he loved them!

Jorden and Jessica said...

Krew LOVES rocks too! That and sticks. I do love/miss those rims, pretty view! I can't believe it was 93 there! I thought our 85 was hot here!