Monday, November 15, 2010

Keeping Up With The Little Joneses

When the grand kids came today, they were both in a silly mood.  Their favorite game to play is "I'm a kitty".  This happens to be my very least favorite game to play.  That means the girls don't talk except to say "meow" or, "no, my name's not Hailey, it's Fluffy!"  Makayla's kitty name, by the way, is "Puffy".  Fortunately, after crawling around on the dirty floor for an hour or so, Fluffy and Puffy thought of a new game.

Bowl races!


Bowl racing is about who can get across the kitchen floor fastest while standing on and sliding dollar store plastic bowls across the floor  Makayla, who is starting to talk a lot more, kept saying "big blue bowl!" in rhythm as she scrapped across the floor.  Except she says it "ba boo bowl!"  Try saying that fifty times fast while trying to speed past your sister and not lose your balance!

Next Hailey and Makayla helped me with a blog I'm working on for Saturday's Relief Society blog post.  They were surprisingly willing.  Maybe because it involved cookies, chocolate, and marshmallows.  I'm sure Amy won't care if they eat that for supper, right?

Hailey was seriously into the project.

And seriously into claiming she wasn't sampling the chocolate.


And seriously into seeing how many marshmallows comfortably fit in her mouth.

Here's the finished product.

Then we were back to the ba boo bowls!

Just so you know, Hailey's and Makayla's energy is not contagious.  It's exhausting!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Cute pilgrim hats! I'm glad you rescued a few of those marshmallows.

Jorden and Jessica said...

Wow just reading that post made me tired. Those 2 do have a lot of energy! But you do a great job of keeping up with them! Those cookies are so cute!

Scott and Lindsay said...

Bowl races... hummm, sounds like fun! I might have to try it with my kids! :)