Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Party's Over

After one of the most beautiful, warm, and snow-free Montana autumns in my memory, we got our first snowfall.

The snow is melting as it hits the ground, but I have a feeling I'm going to wake up to a few feet of snow.

See?  Here we are Friday morning, buried in snow.  And this is just the beginning of a week of snowstorms.


And today's predicted 16 degree high seems balmy compared with 4 degrees for tomorrow.
Kind of depressing.  There's one sure cure for the cold and snowfall blues.
More ice cream!

Raspberry Sour Cream Ice Cream

 8 oz frozen raspberries, thawed and crushed
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 beaten eggs
1/2 can (6 oz) evaporated milk
2 cups heavy whipping cream

Mix fruit, sugar, sour cream and vanilla together. Add well-beaten eggs, milk and cream.
Follow the procedure for your individual ice cream maker.

Do you see all the good-for-you ingredients in this recipe?  Fruit, dairy, protein, and (since I used beet sugar) vegetables.

I let Megan sample it first.  Okay, she was fourth.  I was first, second, and third.  I had to make sure it was good enough for Megan.

Megan thought it was "Alright. Kind of jello-y tasting".

That Megan is hard to please. She probably hates puppies and rainbows, too.

Stan tried it fifth.  Okay, he was eighth.  I was fifth, sixth, and seventh.  In my defense, I was trying to see if I could taste the Jello-y flavor Megan thought she detected.

Stan proclaimed it "Marvelous!  Wonderful!  Outstanding!"

I too thought it was tasty, a big improvment over Squash Ice Cream (now THERE'S a surprise).  
 I still liked the lime ice cream best of the ones I've tried recently, but I'll be making Raspberry Ice Cream again. 
That means there's only one thing to do: tomorrow I'm trying a recipe for Pomegranate Ice Cream. 


1 comment:

Jorden and Jessica said...

Yum! That one sounds very good. You could always ship it to me in dry ice and I could test it for you!