Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Quest Continues

Today's quest for the perfect ice cream is:
 Pomegranate Ice Cream
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup pomegranate juice (such as Pom)
Mix well and add
1/4 cup lime juice
2 cups heavy cream
Beat until soft peaks form; freeze as directed in ice cream machine.

This was good ice cream.  Not great, but good.  I still like Super Lime the most, followed closely by Stan's favorite, Raspberry Sour Cream.

It's time to demonstrate the proper way to eat ice cream. 

Generally speaking, ice cream must be eaten out of a hot cocoa mug.

That way if a member of your family wanders by as you're sneaking some ice cream, you can pretend you are drinking hot cocoa.  Trust me, if they know you are eating ice cream, they will want some too, and you'll be forced to share.

You and your spouse should find a dark space.  The living room with the lights off works best. Start talking about love, taxes, how your joints hurt, and how your insomnia and gout are getting the best of you.  What? You don't have gout? That's okay, your kids don't know or care. When the kids hear the topic of your conversation, they will quickly move to another part of the house. Now you can eat your ice cream in peace.  Remember, this won't work for very small children.  They are happy to listen to tax talk if they can just snuggle on your lap.

Luckily for us, Makayla doesn't like ice cream.

And if she thinks she might, I quickly substitute applesauce and she's perfectly content.

Megan thinks I have a "problem" when it come to ice cream.  That's ridiculous!  If I had a problem, I'd spend all my time thinking about how, when, and where my next ice cream fix was coming from.  I'd lie about how much I'd had that day.  I'd eat ice cream instead of "real" food.  I'd avoid people who avoid ice cream. 

Oh wait! 
Oh.  Uh-oh... 

Just so you know, it's turned freezing cold up here with an irrational exuberance.  I'm going to rethink this whole ice cream thing before I freeze to death.
Dark and Snowy Saturday, 7:30 am

I've decided it's time to warm things up, so next I'm making:
Toasted Coconut Ice Cream with Macadamia Nuts and Hot Fudge.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Thou almost persuadeth me to purchase an ice cream maker. But move to Montana? Not so much. (Brrr.....)

Lisa said...

You crack me up! I can always expect a good laugh! BTW I would be an ice cream buddy of yours but we couldn't talk about gout because I don't know what that is...good thing for wikipedia!

Scott and Lindsay said...

Okay, so I think you gave me subliminal messages about making ice cream, because after reading your blog Thursday night, we made some Friday night!