Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Challenging Day and Two Confusing Messages

Confusing Message #1
This morning Ashley and McKay found this message on their car parked in front of our house. 
 Is it just me, or is it a bit weird? 
The Pearsons claim to 1) not understand the message either and 2) not have a clue who did it. 
Anybody want to confess?  Megan?  Are you REALLY in Utah?

The Challenge
Stan and I decided to challenge McKay and Ashley to a golf tournament. 
Here we are, warming up, waiting for our tee time.


I don't want to embarrass anybody, but those Pearsons are really bad. 
They kept hitting the ball so far we had to walk and walk to get to it.
 If they could just work on hitting 5 feet forward each time like me, they wouldn't have to walk so far before they get to hit their ball again.

And poor McKay.  My score was well into the hundreds before he even broke out of the single digits.


Maybe they should take the second half of that golf class at BYU Idaho before we attempt a rematch.

Just remember Ashley and McKay, it takes lots of years and a lot of gray hair
to develop this impressive form.

 Those poor Pearson were getting eagles and birdies.
Stan and I, on the other hand, were getting duckies.
Better luck next time, guys!
 
Confusing Message #2
(Warning: the following picture is rated PG-13 for language.)
I found this sign in the clubhouse at the golf course.
Can anyone tell me what "do 'not' " means?
If you put quotes around "not" does that mean "I REALLY MEAN IT!!" or "I'm just kidding"?
Anyone?

4 comments:

Judy said...

Thanks for a good laugh this morning.

As for that first confusing message, did someone get confused about whose car was whose? Does Megan know anyone named "Syrup" or "Waffle"?

Jorden and Jessica said...

HAHAHA Mom I am laughing so hard right now! I promise you if I were in the golf challenge you would have killed me! And about the car, I thought the same thing as aunt Judy, did someone get the wrong car?

chrisjones said...

Megan's car was right there, and Ashley and McKay have an Idaho license plate, and their cars look nothing alike. I'm hoping Megan's friends are smarter than that.....

Bob said...

I love that you were hitting duckies. I think golf needs to incorporate some mammal terms, like deer and antelope as well. I think there are enough of them near your golf course to score some hits on them as well.