Monday, August 2, 2010

Medical News

Part 1

After a long, hard summer, with very long, hard days, Amy has passed the test and is officially a CNA!
Yahoo!
She will now be looking for a CNA job, which will pay more and hopefully have better hours then her current job.  She needs a number of hours of CNA experience before she can apply to nursing school.
 Congratulations, Amy!

Part 2

Remember how Mom always used to say "YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR HEAD EXAMINED!" to us?  What? You don't?  Hmm.  She used to say it to me!

So I decided it was time to have my head examined.  My doctor agreed I had a very suspicious spot on my forehead.  After slicing and dicing me, ruining my hair-do with a river of blood (head wounds bleed A LOT), and stitching me up, he told me to wait a week for biopsy results.

I had a few small basal cell cancer spots removed 17 years ago, and paranoid person that I am,
was sure this was a repeat. 
So was my doctor.

Fortunately we were both wrong! 
Not a bad day for medical news!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Yea for Amy and UGH for Chris! I am very glad the final news for Chris was good.

Jorden and Jessica said...

Congrats Amy! And Congrats Mom on no cancer but I'm sorry you had to get sliced open! :(

Angie said...

Great news for both of you! I'd forgotten about getting our heads examined! Haha, fun!

Shelly said...

Way to go AMY! Good job! Mom, I'm so glad it was nothing. That is really great news!