Sunday, August 1, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Hailey, age 4, is at the age when everything she says and does is pretty entertaining.
This week she was playing with Grandpa:
Stan:  Out of my way, little boy!
Hailey: I'm not a boy!
Stan:  You're not? What are you?
Hailey:  I am a woman!
Stan: You're a woman?
Hailey: Well, I'm pretending to be!

Makayla, despite the tears, was really happy to have some new visitors to love her

and Hailey, well let's just say she can't get enough of Uncle McKay and Aunt Ashley

This week Amy, I, Makayla, and Hailey were driving down the road.  I spotted two tiny fawns grazing along side of the road and pulled over so Hailey could get a better look.
Hailey:  I want to pet them!
Amy: No, they will run away.
Hailey:  Why would they run? I want to pet them!
Me:  They are too scared of you.
Hailey: Why would they be scared?  I'm so cute!
How can you argue with logic like that?

No comments: